Monday 12 November 2012

Writing Skills

In our lesson today we focused on our writing skills. We worked in groups and learnt how one shot could provide us with enough information to write at least one whole paragraph on. After being given a shot from an extract of Doctor Who, we brainstormed ideas about what each part (mise-en-scene, camera angle, distance, lighting etc.) added and represented within the shot. In our groups we wrote a paragraph on the individual shot and linked it to ideas about representations of gender as well as peer-assessed other groups work by writing targets and things they had done well in their paragraph.


Above is the paragraph my group and I wrote. The blue post it notes have what we did well and our targets to improve on. They included notes such as, good analysis and use of terminology, and the need to talk about the audiences reaction.

This is important to my coursework because it presented me with the importance of each and every shot included in a piece of media text. It also provided me with the knowledge of how every small detail is thought about when producing a media text, which is something my group and I shall have to consider when we start filming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment